Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    I know this has been discussed before but I and having problems exiting from the emulators using the controller. I have followed a setup video on youtube and all worked well. I am using a joystick and buttons with a usb interface. Configuring the controller I setup 3 buttons and 2 additional buttons for start and select. I done jstest and buttons 0,1,2 come on when pressed (game buttons), pressing the start button No. 8 comes on and select is No.9. All seems OK.

I went the the retroarch config file and added the 2 lines for a hotkey.

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9

When in the game pressing the 2 buttons together does nothing, but I can still exit using the esc key on the keyboard.

Can anyone give me a list of checks and “how to’s” to find the problem?

Thanks guys :)

vinretropiemame
    Participant

I have noiced at the end of the retroarch.cfg file is the following line:

input_enable_hotkey = null

is this stopping my command.

Also else where in the file I have:

input_enable_hotkey =

Could this have an effect.

In the Installation file – setup – 310 do i need to enable hotkeys?

Again thanks for any help

jwingo
    Participant

I lost my hotkeys for some reason as well and went into the RetroArch settings on the main menu of the RetroPie. I think it was called RGUI. In the controls if you dig around you can see your hotkey settings and can press the button to reset them to whatever you want. I tried fixing the file as well and couldn’t get it to work but this was way easier once I looked around.
    Hopefully that helps.

vinretropiemame
    Participant

Worked Thank. now to build a cab for the pimame. cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.