Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Cant connect to wifi…"obtaining ip address"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    narp
    Participant

Im trying to connect to wifi, i’ve found my network using the wicd curses thing and input my password but once it gets to obtaining ip address itll try and then it’ll say not connected. Any ideas why? I’m using wpa2. Thanks!

herbfargus

Sometimes wicd-curses can be finicky. Try configuring it manually using option 2 here:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-Up-Wifi

And see if it makes any difference

narp
    Participant

That actually does work, I’ve used it in the past! I just freshly reimaged and thought it’d be cool to use th wicd curses. Thanks.

herbfargus

With wicd-curses sometimes you have to press shift+c for it to connect. I’m hoping in the future we can integrate something into the retropie setup script as it seems the modifying the interfaces file directly works a little more consistently (plus it doesn’t affect processing like wicd-curses does)

narp
    Participant

Hmm…in that case, I might as well just set it up the way you said. I figured doing that would use more resources than going through wicd curses. Guess I was wrong. Now to see how to turn off wicd curses. ;) Thanks a lot–your videos are immensely helpful btw.

herbfargus

sudo apt-get remove wicd-curses

Glad you found my videos useful :)

narp
    Participant

You are freaking amazing dude! Thanks. You’re like an encyclopedia of raspberry pi haha.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.