Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I tried to configure a USB-NES controller in RetroPie, but something went wrong.
    I tried to remove the config-file in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/ in hope that I could end up with “a new gamepad” is connected in RetroPie, but I was wrong.

How can I do to get this gamepad work as I want to?
    I have the config-file saved on my computer, but pasting that to /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/ won’t help at all.

Floob

When in Emulation Station you could re-create the file by pressing Start on the controller and entering the Input controller menu.

elgur85
    Participant

[quote=119304]When in Emulation Station you could re-create the file by pressing Start on the controller and entering the Input controller menu.

[/quote]

And if I cannot enter that menu with my controller?

ruckage
    Participant

I think the file you probably need is /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg
    Edit this file and delete the section relevant to your controller (make a backup first though just to be on the safe side.)

Reboot the Pi with you controller connected and it should then hopefully start the controller configuration program.

Also if you’ve configured emulationstation to work with a keyboard you could just use that to access the input controller menu which would be easier.

meneerjansen
    Participant

[quote=119327]Also if you’ve configured emulationstation to work with a keyboard you could just use that to access the input controller menu which would be easier.
    [/quote]
    [off topic] How does one do that? I’d like to be able to control Emulationstation w/ my keyboard. [edit] When looking for the answer for the TS I found it (sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh And then: “Setup (post install) –> Configure Retroarch controller” (or “Configure keyboard for use w/ Retroarch” to configure a keyboard).). [edit again] That doesn’t work in Emulation station. Only in Retroarch (i.e. when you’ve started a game). => Configure the use of a keyboard in Emulationstation the same way you’d configure a joystick.

[on topic] If you’ve got a spare controller lying around you could connect that one to your Pi and press ‘Select’ –> ‘Configure input’.

ruckage
    Participant

You configure a keyboard in exactly the same way as you do a controller.
    On the configure input menu it asks you to “hold down a key on the device you wish to configure” so just hold down a key on the keyboard.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.