Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jmaxime89
    Participant

Hi everyone !

I got my Pi this week and I setuped it since three days now. I’ve got to say everything works so well, there is just one things I can’t accomplish : I can’t change to Pisnes. Let me explain myself :

I type

cd RetroPie-Setup

then

sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

I then install Pisnes through binary

Then I open this file with winscp

home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

and I put the hashtag in front of the retroarch command line in the super nintendo section

I also do this here

/home/pi/RetroPie/debug

and I remove the hashtag in front of the command line concerning pisnes (I also remove the “alternatively” in front of the COMMAND=

Now my problem is whenever I start a snes rom through emulationstation it seems to boot, then the screen goes black with a white dot in the middle and the emulationstation screen comes back.

When I read everything about how to switch emulators it seems soo easy but I really can’t get it to work.

I also tried to put roms in the pisnes\roms folder but it’s not working.

Thanks a lot for your help and Petrockblock : You are a genius for putting all of this together for all the noobs !

kitchuk
    Participant

The directory for the roms should be pi/home/RetroPie/snes/roms and not debug.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

jmaxime89
    Participant

Sorry it wasn’t clear, my roms are all in

pi/home/RetroPie/snes/roms

All of my roms shoes in emulationstation, I just can’t start them and when I revert it back to retroarch they all start

Thanks for your very fast answer !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like you’ve have configured es_systems.cfg correctly.
    Is anything showing in the terminal if you exit out of emulation station?

jmaxime89
    Participant

Yes ! it shows this :

No ROM file header found.
    “The 7th saga” [bad checksum] HiROM, 16Mbits, TYPE : ROM+RAM+BAT, Mode: 21, TV: NTSC, S-RAM: 8Kb, ROMid: ???? Company: ??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just quickly, try a different snes rom.
    If that works then you got a bad 7th saga rom dump.

If not, more questions –

Did you install PiSNES using the retropie script? Or did you download the binary and extract it?

I used the binary from here: https://code.google.com/p/pisnes/

jmaxime89
    Participant

none of my roms are working whereas they all work using pocketsnes,

I used the retropie script. If I need to write a command then a path could you write to me exactly what I need to type so it will exclude all of the mistakes I can make.

Thank you very much !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well from the terminal it looks like PiSNES is trying to load the rom.

If you try another rom what does it come up with in the terminal?

jmaxime89
    Participant

Same thing :

No ROM file header found.
    “Donkey kong country” [bad checksum] HiROM, 16Mbits, TYPE : ROM+RAM+BAT, Mode: 21, TV: NTSC, S-RAM: 8Kb, ROMid: ???? Company: ??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its probably going to be easier to do this via chat.

https://chatstep.com/#retropie
    password is 123

jmaxime89
    Participant

Thank you infinitely !!! I still can’t believe it !

Anonymous
    Inactive

No worries, seems like the version pulled from the retropie script is a bit buggy.

jmaxime89
    Participant

Can you show me now how to map my snes controller on pisnes ?

Thanks again !

jmaxime89
    Participant

I also see that megaman X3 don’t work on pisnes, is there a way to make it work or should I just go back to pocketsnes since I play those games often ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would seem that it doesn’t support a few games, like megaman X3, so just edit out the es_systems.cfg under the Snes section and add the # :)

I can try help with the SNES controller, I need 45 minutes or so before I can chat again though.

jmaxime89
    Participant

Okay ready when you are, I am not in a hurry !

Edit : There is no way to boot these games using pocketsnes I guess ? and still use pisnes for all of the others ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t believe so, can’t find anything inside emulationstation that could support per-rom emulator config.

If the game doesn’t run, you may find that it was released on another system, so you could use a rom for a different emulator, thats the best I got.
    Yeah sorry about yesterday, crashed out in the end. Still having issues with the SNES controller?

jmaxime89
    Participant

UPDATE :

instead of using mame4all pi I tried imame4all and I could play with 4 players but this emulator is so laggy it was unplayable. So if it gives anyone an idea please help me !

Also it’s odd in the emulator carousel there is ES_config and I can’t run anything in there. Not even the basic input or the retroarch gui. it says permission denied but I did a chown on this folder and when I check in winscp it says owner : pi. It’s reallt strange.

Thanks very much, once again !

Sorry wrong thread, I apologize

bucketbot27
    Participant

Can you share what the solution was. I am having the same problem.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.