Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I installed lr-genesis-plus-gx via the RetroPie menu in Emulation Station. I launch a Genesis game and press a button before it starts to get to the emulator menu. When I try to change the default emulator for Mega Drive, it very briefly shows a message “Couldn’t open temporary file /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/***** permission denied” (The ****** seems to be a random string of text each time). However I am able to change other system’s emulators without any issues.

I have reset ownership/permissions of /home/pi/RetroPie/roms via Retropie-setup in the EmulationStation menu, this didn’t fix it. How can I change it?

rastendo
    Participant

Anyone?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

somehow the permissions of /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/emulators.cfg has gone wrong. Please

`
    chown pi:pi /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/emulators.cfg
    `

note that this emulator is installed by default, so are you upgrading from an old release or something ? Perhaps you can detail how you set the system up ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

did you run the setup from a root shell or something (Rather than sudo from the pi user ?)

rastendo
    Participant

Just an update, I fixed this by manually setting the permissions using WinSCP. It works now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.