Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Cannot get permission to SSH Error Code: 3 on winSCP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    metalheadmarc
    Participant

Guys, I cannot get permission to upload anything over ssh. I will say the following:

1. I have enabled SSH through configuration however I noticed that when I “finish” on the config menu it sends me back to the command prompt. Isn’t it supposed to reboot the pi to enable the configuration? I did type the reboot command but maybe there’s something I’m missing.

2. I have tried both Cyberduck on my mac and WinSCP on my other laptop. Still no allowe permission to upload.

3. I am getting in and can see the file using the SSH software. I’m using the IP is saw in the config screen but I’ll double check that first. I also am using L: pi and P: raspberry. Port 22.

4. I will also mention that I used a blank USB drive to put on some other roms at first. That is, I let the pi put the roms folder on it and I manually put a bunch of roms on it however, they all didn’t upload as there are too many.

My current course of action will be to double check my IP address on the pi.

Additionally, I will try uploading on another SD card as I’m currently trying to make 2 retro pi’s as one is a gift. Any input is much appreciated.

metalheadmarc
    Participant

Gents, I tried using a different sd card and I started from scratch and set up the pie. IDK if it was the fact that I used the USB before hand or if it just wasn’t rebooting automatically when I would update the configuration but I’ve resolved the issue.

If any one has any insight into what may have been the problem, I’d be curious to find out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.