Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Cannot find PSP emulator on script

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    megafish0527
    Participant

Hi, it seems that most people can find the libretro PPSSPP/PPSSPP emulator in the experimental section of the setup-script; however, I cannot find it and I read that a few other people had the same problem as I did. I did sudo apt-get update and upgrade (if that does anything) and I updated the script as well as retropie itself. Can anyone tell me a solution to this please? Thanks.

herbfargus

It’s not in the experimental menu:

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/PSP

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Updating-RetroPie

It will be under option 5.

And apt-get update has nothing to do with updating or installing emulators for retropie.

megafish0527
    Participant

Its not under individual emulators as well; I checked several times and I did script updates and binary updates as well (in that order). However, it still does not show up.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Do you have a RPI 2?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I suspect you have a RPI 1. I have updated the wiki as it said it runs best on a RPI 2 – but actually, the module is disabled for the RPI 1, so i not available.

megafish0527
    Participant

Ohhhhh… ok thank you so much for telling me. I was going to try it out on my Pi1 before buying a Pi 2. Thanks, I was thinking that it was taken down because of a problem or something. This isn’t really related, but if I were to transfer my Pi1 micro sd with RetroPie installed on top of Raspbian Jessie, would it work on the Pi2?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it would work, but it would miss out emulator optimisations for the rpi2 – at least until you did a “full binary install” from retropie-setup

megafish0527
    Participant

Ok, thank you so much! I’m out to get a Pi2 now :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.