Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Can you set the hotkey button to two separate buttons?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    flourpowder
    Participant

I would like to set all my emulators to be that hitting the guide button exits the emulator, no button combo for it. But I also want to keep the hotkey buttons so I can open the RGUI, save states, etc. Is there a way to set it so the enable hotkey button is set to two buttons? So, I would have it equal button 8 as well as the exit button to 8 (which I currently have set up) but also button 6 is enable hotkey? I have tried ‘6/8’, ‘6,8’, and two separate enable hotkey lines for each number in the /configs/all/retroarch.cfg file. Anyway to do this?

SwissPi
    Participant

Sorry for entering that Topic, maybe use GPIO4 ?

flourpowder
    Participant

What’s that? And how would I use it to help?

SwissPi
    Participant

Sometimes a running Programm can takeover all keys, then the hotkey cannot reach the Emulator System. I want to avoid this by using a Port of the Raspberry GPIO Header, an attached Button shall stop the Emulator System (and it will restart in 5 Seconds), it works to trigger the reboot Sequence, now I’m looking for an interface to the Emulator System, a “killall emulationstation” does not work well :-(

flourpowder
    Participant

oh, gotcha. yea, im not looking to add any hardware or anything like that. was trying to see if there was a way to set two separate buttons similar to how some of the code works using the ‘/’ key and ‘,’ key

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.