Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Can someone check to see if I rebuilt my MAME ROMs correctly?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    simillarian
    Participant

So, I took a full 0.167 set and rebuilt it using the .dat file on the page Managing ROMs. Here is the log…

Missing
    ·Sets                 3883/3977
    ·ROMs                 37135/72604

Is this normal? Because I see that it states there are 3,970 active sets on the “Managing ROMs page” and 3977 in the log, and mine is less than both. I checked my original 0.167 romset and there weren’t any missing roms.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

rebuilding to what version? You may need some older romsets to build more as roms will have changed etc.

Try and find a set closer to the target set you are trying to rebuild for.

simillarian
    Participant

Oh, sorry. I am rebuilding using FB Alpha v0.2.97.37 (ClrMame Pro XML).dat from the Managing ROMs page for lr-fba-next. I linked to it, but it doesn’t display as a link until you hover.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

ok well. you are not missing that many – I rebuilt for lr-fba-next recently – using about 8 sources (various mame versions from 0.37b5 to 0.161). Ended up with 269 missing sets. I guess although it’s based on mame 0.167 that isn’t enough to rebuild everything.

simillarian
    Participant

Ok cool. Just wondering if my results were unusual. Thanks man! I have 3,927 sets in my new rom folder, so I guess I only have 50 missing sets.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.