Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got a (genuine) wireless receiver for xbox 360 controllers and got it set up and working with 2 controllers. But when I try and connect a third (or fourth) controller, they won’t connect. It seem to act as if all the “slots” for controllers are already filled up. I set up the receiver on my computer and all 4 controllers connected flawlessly, so I know the hardware works. I’m looking for any ideas why the pi wouldn’t let me connect 4 controllers.

thiemok
    Participant

Did you use any of these methods to setup your controllers?
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

davem666
    Participant
    thiemok
    Participant

There is a variable in the file /etc/defaults/xboxdrv that controls how many controllers xboxdrv expects. Change that to 4 and it should be fine

davem666
    Participant

It is already listed as 4… Here is the text from /etc/defaults/xboxdrv:

# How many Controllers? (support up to 4 Controllers)
    CONTROLLER_NUM=4

case $CONTROLLER_NUM in
    1) CONTROLLER=”-w 0 -l 2 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button”
    ;;
    2) CONTROLLER=”-w 0 -l 2 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller -w 1 -l 3 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button”
    ;;
    3) CONTROLLER=”-w 0 -l 2 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller -w 1 -l 3 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller -w 2 -l 4 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button”
    ;;
    4) CONTROLLER=”-w 0 -l 2 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller -w 1 -l 3 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller -w 2 -l 4 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller -w 3 -l 5 –trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button”
    ;;
    *) CONTROLLER=”incorrect amount of controller specified”
    ;;
    esac

thiemok
    Participant

Does xboxdrv create 4 joysticks in /dev/input/js[0-3] ?
    It might be because you copied it but -trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller should be --trigger-as-button -–dpad-as-button -–next-controller

davem666
    Participant

Does xboxdrv create 4 joysticks in /dev/input/js[0-3]

I see “js4” & “js5″ in that” directory (no js[0-3]).

It might be because you copied it but -trigger-as-button –dpad-as-button –next-controller should be --trigger-as-button -–dpad-as-button -–next-controller

The code is correct in xboxdrv, it just copied funny into the forum.

thiemok
    Participant

Did you try method 1 or 2 of the wiki page? If not try them to see if it’s a problem with xboxdrv or your startup script.

davem666
    Participant

It works!… Thank You thiemok!

I removed what I had and tried method 1. It worked, though it’s worth noting that the lights on the xbox remotes don’t show their controller positions (the 4 corner lights on the main xbox button corresponding to controllers 1-4), but they still work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.