Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m not sure what the point is in having separate folders for roms for the same emulator… could I put all the mame roms in one mame folder, then replace the others (including fba and neogeo) with symlinks pointing back to the one with all the roms in it?

Just thought of this… if I did do this, would this impact any scraping gamelist.xml files or images?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I think ES needs some fixes to work properly with symlinked rom folder – you can try, but it if does, you can use a “bind” mount to mount one folder in multiple places.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The reason for the different folders are due to different romsets, so it allows you to mix them. I may add a generic mame folder which will allow any of the emulators to be used for it for those that want to mix together a specific romset etc.

fantasticdan
    Participant

Thanks. I haven’t tried anything yet and was generally holding off on arcade emulation for related reasons. I’ll try and mess around with this and report back if I uncover anything noteworthy.

smithers
    Participant

Hi.

I offer this option in my builds by the means of an extra ‘Arcade’ system, which encompasses all arcade emulators under one ROM folder allowing you to assign each ROM to a specific emulator.

The way I done it retains the original functionality and ROM locations of all individual emulators too (apart from advmame), so you can revert with no I’ll effect if needed.

I’m happy to share how I done it if you’re interested. Its a relatively easy affair.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.