Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    g0nz0uk
    Participant

Hello,

What is the trick of automatically speeding up load times on the C64 emulator, it’s too slow when compared to it other emulators.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

This was answered last time you posted about it – why the new thread ?

C64 load times

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Sorry, fired up my old laptop which had lots of tabs open and I hit on some old posts, without reading.

I didn’t have any luck with the load times in thethe end, it’s not there yet for the c64 on retropie if you ask me, once loaded its OK though.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can configure the emulator with a turbo load cartridge and you get very nice load times then with good compatibility.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

I think I have too convert that games to cartridge.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

That’s not what I mean – what I mean is – if using disk games, you can download an action replay / retro replay rom (they are devices that would plug in a real c64 expansion port). They include fast loaders, so if you download a rom, you can virtually “insert” it into the emulator – then save the config – so it will be there next time you launch. Disk games will then load a lot faster.

I also mentioned it here: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/c64-game-loads-very-slow/#post-94846

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Will take a look, thanks.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Just had to turn off true drive emulation in the end, much easier method and games load instantly now.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

yep – although some with fastloaders may fail. but glad you sorted it :-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.