Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie [BUG] inputconfiguration.sh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The script /opt/retropie/supplementary/emulationstation/scripts/inputconfiguration.sh has problems dealing with device names containing the character ‘ (apos). When ES starts detects my Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive gamepad all seems ok when I tried to configure it. But after launching any emulator, when emulators is closed and ES get the focus the gamepad stopped working and the only thin I can do is press F4 and close it. When ES restarts the input configuration starts again.
    In ~/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg there’s an entry for this gamepad but no button nor axes configured for it. So I figured out what’s going on. I plugged a Saitek Cyborg wired gamepad and everything is ok. Because the layout is almost the same for the Saitek and the Thrustmaster pads I copied the buttons and axes layout for the Thrustmaster from the Saitek and making sure the entry for the Thrustmaster has no ‘ character replacing it with the escape string ‘ and voilà, now is working with no problem.

So this is what I find out so far:

1- ES starts and detects a new controller because there is no entry for the Run’n’drive gamepad in
    ~/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg

2- So it launchs the input configurator gui. I configure it and the gui writes ~/.emulationstation/es_temporaryinput.cfg

3- Then the script /opt/retropie/supplementary/emulationstation/scripts/inputconfiguration.sh is called and this script reads ~/.emulationstation/es_temporaryinput.cfg but it can not read it well because the apos ‘ on the device name. I supposed this script is responsible to write the final configuration for this pad at ~/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg but the only thing it can write is the entry for the pad but no button nor axes scheme.

The output of the inputconfiguration.sh:

Input type is ‘joystick’.
    Configuring ’emulationstation’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’])
    compilation error: element with-param
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’pagedown’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’pagedown’])’
    Invalid predicate: /inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]
    Invalid expression: /inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’start’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’start’])’
    Invalid predicate: /inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]
    Invalid expression: /inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’pageup’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’pageup’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’up’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’up’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’a’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’a’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’b’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’b’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’down’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’down’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’right’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’right’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’select’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’select’])’
    Invalid predicate: count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’left’])
    XSLT-with-param: Failed to compile select expression ‘count(/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName=’Thrustmaster Run’N’ Drive Wireless’]/input[@name=’left’])’
    Configuring ‘retroarch’
    pi@retropie /opt/retropie/supplementary/emulationstation/scripts $

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Please post a new issue at the github site https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues – including the es_temporaryinput.cfg – cheers

petrockblog
    Keymaster

This should be sorted now btw. You will need to re-install emulationstation from menu 5 of retropie-setup so as to get the latest scripts installed (after updating the retropie-setup script)

herbfargus

I also had similar issues with the virtual gamepad configs as an app so I’ll have to test to see if this sorted it as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.