Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie BT 8bitdo NES30 Pro On 3.6

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mustbaj
    Participant

I am having some trouble getting my built in bluetooth to work on the pi3 correctly. Everything is named correctly within /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules

SUBSYSTEM==”input”, ATTRS{name}==”8Bitdo NES30 Pro”, MODE=”0666″, ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=”1″

Once I reboot my pi3 I can’t get it to sync with my controller. How do I reconnect it?

I tried following THIS video and he basically covers what the wiki covers here: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-a-Bluetooth-controller

Has anyone got their pi3 to boot and connect BT with an 8bitdo NES30 Pro? Also was anyone able to not only connect but configure it successfully?

mustbaj
    Participant

I got it work. The problem is that the pi3 won’t connect on boot. How do I get the bluetooth to sync when the pi turns on?

thak
    Participant

Hi!

So you manage to connect your 8Bitdo controller automaticly ?
    How did you do?

thak
    Participant

Ok find out after my fourth trial :D

The controller need to be turn on on émulationstation screen in otder to work… Kinda strange, but now it works !

mustbaj
    Participant

Yeah very strange.. The nice thing though is that you can turn off the controller and reconnect without restarting the pi now!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m having the same issue with the SFC30. It pairs fine and I’ve mapped the buttons fine in Joystick mode (Start + R), but every time I restart it won’t sync back up unless I re-pair.

I’m making sure I use Start + R to turn on but still doesn’t connect. Any advice?

Floob

Here is an overview to make sure it reconnects when using RetroPie 3.6
    It didnt seem to reconnect for me in ES as it did for thak above. I had to use the method below. Assuming you are all on RetroPie 3.6

thak
    Participant

Thx floob for your update!
    I’m still with retropie 3.6 and rpi3 and my nes30pro connect automaticly if i turn it on at the end of the splashscreen (if not i’d just need to reboot the controller on émulationstation screen)

Since i found out this i’d never had anymore problem!

Maybe it’s cause of the rpi3 bt?

Floob

@thank
    Which controller do you have? I couldnt get this to automatically connect with a FC30 Pro or a SFC30. Maybe I should try different firmware.

thak
    Participant

I have a nes30pro and a nes30
    And I just made à fresh install this morning and everything work fine

I made à set up for à friend with 2 nes30 on rpi1 (and Bluetooth dongle) and that works fine too

Just need to turn on controller on émulationstation screen

Floob

Maybe I need to try one of those controllers. Which firmware are you using?

Are you making the initial pair process by pressing F4 and doing it on the command line, or do you use the retropie menu in Emulation Station?

thak
    Participant

Throught ssh connection and retropie-setup
    I followed your step, Nothing more
    For the firmware it’s the last one I check every once in a while on 8bitdo website to be sûre i didn’t miss anything

If you need more information about my set up, i will be glad to help :)

mustbaj
    Participant

Hey guys. If you’re still having trouble go ahead and check this out. I wrote a nice How-To.

How To Setup 8bitdo NES30 & FC30 Pro Controllers On a Pi3 with 3.6
    byu/Nintendofreak18 inRetroPie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.