Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tuko
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to try MSU-1 SNES roms in Retropie 2.6, how can I switch to BSNES libretrocore ?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Renaud

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know about bsnes_performance, but i can tell you bsnes_accuracy is unusable on rpi2, games were running at less than half speed when i tried it.

GameRockeR
    Participant

BSNES core is not implemented yet on the RPi (I dont see the option to install the core in RetroPie Setup), the only snes emulators inside retroarch are the following:
    PocketSnes
    CATSFC (experimental)
    ArmSnes (experimental)
    …but maybe something was updated, I’m going to check this. Btw, even if BSNES could be implemented in retropie dont expect full 100% speed, not even half of it, BSNES requires a high end PC to run in accuracy mode, I doubt the Pi can handle it right now.

cacophony555
    Participant

I tried the bsnes core in retropie (manually added it myself) it was was unusably slow. So slow I wouldn’t even call it functional. I’ve heard that bsnes is the most processor intensive snes emulator so it might be unrealistic to expect it will ever run well on the current pi hardware.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whats that bsnes performance you tried cacophony?? Out side of bsnes whats the next best snes emulator?, snes9x-next???

cacophony555
    Participant

[quote=89296]Whats that bsnes performance you tried cacophony?? Out side of bsnes whats the next best snes emulator?, snes9x-next???[/quote]

I tried this version of bsnes:
    https://github.com/libretro/bsnes-mercury

From the limited testing I’ve done with every SNES option I like snes9x-next best so far. It’s definitely the most accurate for music.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.