Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bullet
    Participant

I am new to everything about this so I’m taking it slow and making improvements. I had everything working properly and was going to attempt to hide some emulators that I don’t use (Apple, PCx86, Cave Story, Doom, etc.). I found my “es_systems.cfg” and had read that you can “comment out” emulators by adding a “#” in front of them. Using CyberDuck, I tried to add a “#” just to see what would happen since I had no idea where to type it. I reboot my pi, and nothing shows up. I look back at “es_systems.cfg” and now it’s completely blank. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!

gizmo98
    Participant

You can install a new es_system.cfg

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo git pull
    sudo retropie_setup.sh
    select Source-Based-Installation
    select (C) Generate config file for Emulation Station
    install 
    bullet
    Participant

Great, I’ll get on it, thanks! I’m assuming this will wipe everything I’ve done so far and start fresh?

gizmo98
    Participant

Only select (C) Generate config file for Emulation Station. Nothing will be wiped because your es_system.cfg is already blank.

bullet
    Participant

Ok, good news. So now the question remains as to how I hide certain emulators?

gizmo98
    Participant

There are three possibilities:
    1. open es_system.cfg and uncomment (#) every unnecessary emulator.
    2. open es_system.cfg and delete every unnecessary emulator.
    3. open /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/*unnecessary emulator* and delete every file. Emulators only show up if at least one file exists.

bullet
    Participant

I’m at my pi now, unable to get to command line. All I see is a white dot in the middle of the screen, nothing responds.

bullet
    Participant

Or is there anyway I can download a new es_systems.cfg and place it in its right spot using CyberDuck?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.