Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Both PSX & SNES Controllers in SNES Console?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bradj074
    Participant

I’m installing my pi in an old SNES. Just waiting on the GPIO adapter to arrive to make it functional. During the long wait of it making it over to the states i have had time to brainstorm other ideas for the system which leads me to 2 questions.

1) I will be wiring up the original SNES ports on the console to the Pi but I am looking to play a few PSX games (Chrono Cross, Breath of Fire 3&4, and all the FF games). Obviously the snes controllers wouldn’t have enough buttons for this duty. I have a bluetooth receiver installed in my pi and know PS3 controllers are possible. My question is, could i have it where both my 2 snes ports AND a single PS3 controller can control RetroPie? If not controlling the whole system, at least be able to have the PS3 controller run the PSX emulator without any code/wire swapping?

2) Will it be possible for the GPIO to control the SNES power led in factory location? Would it work outright or could i just splice into the original pcb leads on the back of the controller port board?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

bradj074
    Participant

For the sake of anyone else coming across this subject, the SNES factory LED works automatically once the front panel is wired up into the GPIO with no problems.

Still not sure on the ability of SNES & PSX controllers.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

To 1)

You could add system specific configurations in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg that tell RetroArch to use the PS3 controller. I never did such a thing, but I would bet it is possible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.