Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Both of my NES controller's B buttons are not responding while in game

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mohillsk8
    Participant

So i’ve hooked up 2 NES controllers to my GPIO adapter and everything within Emulationstation seems to be working fine with the controllers. When I map the controllers, I’m able to map the B button and also use it while navigating the interface, but as soon as I launch a game the B button no longer responds.

Anyone have any Ideas as to what could be wrong? I noticed some info on this page https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/gamecon_gpio_rpi about problems with some controllers not able to work properly at 3.3v. Is this what my problem is, or is something else going on here?

This is for a school project so I’ll be spending the next week or so (if I have to) in the forum trying to figure this out

mohillsk8
    Participant

Bumping this thread as I’m dying to get some help here within the next few days hopefully. I know there’s gotta be somebody out there that can save me!

silkypico
    Participant

I am also having the same problem. I just spend a few days trying to figure out this GPIO nightmare and this is the last thing.

silkypico
    Participant

— went here: /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs

— change b button to “3” and a button to “1”

input_device = “SNES-to-Gamepad Device”
    input_driver = “udev”
    input_b_btn = “3”
    input_y_btn = “2”
    input_select_btn = “6”
    input_start_btn = “7”
    input_up_axis = “-1”
    input_down_axis = “+1”
    input_left_axis = “-0”
    input_right_axis = “+0”
    input_a_btn = “1”
    input_x_btn = “3”
    input_l_btn = “4”
    input_r_btn = “5”

works now

mohillsk8
    Participant

Thanks a lot, that did the trick. I figured it had something to do with that file, I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

hivvu
    Participant

Hello guys!
    Can you post an image of your GPIO with the NES Controllers plugged in?

I’m trying to do that since Saturday, but my controller dont work. It detects, but dont work.
    Do you use SNESDev?

thanks in advance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.