Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Booting into games list

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    semu
    Participant

I have a working RetroPie with EmulationStation, but I was wondering, if there is a possibility to boot straight into a simple games list.

At the moment after my Raspberry boots up, it puts me into the emulationstation window, where i first have to choose which emulator I want to use and then lets me choose between that emulator’s games.

What I want is that when Raspberry Pi boots up, it puts me on a screen which has the list of all the games I have installed and I just have to move up and down to choose the game I want to play, does not matter which emulator the game belongs to.

If there is any possibility to do so, I would be grateful if you could help me out.
    Hope you understand my question. :)

herbfargus

I don’t know how possible that would be as each emulator section is scripted to boot the emulator and then the ROMs specific to that emulator. It would need some way to differentiate the ROMs so that depending on which ROM you chose it would boot up its respective emulator. Its an interesting idea but unless you’re a genius with scripting I don’t know of any simple way to implement that functionality. If you do figure something out I’d be interested in seeing it.

The other option would be to create a simple bash script for each rom- but if you have tons of ROMs that could be tedious.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.