Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Boot speed slow / long pause exiting emulationstaion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    retrocam
    Participant

Hello. I just wanted to see if this was normal or a bug.
    – After loading (heaps) or games to about 5 of the systems, and scraping them all, the boot time from power on to load into Emulation Station has significantly increased. It’s about a minute and 3 seconds now. This doesn’t worry me too much however I have also noticed that quitting emulation station (with F4) hangs at a flashing _ for about a minute before you can use bash. The same pause is seen if I “restart system” from the Emulation Station menu.
    – If I’m SSH’d in and “sudo reboot”, this is as fast as it used to be
    – There is no issue before adding games
    – I’m using the RetroPie image v3.6.
    – I have tried stock and overclocking to over_voltage=6. arm_freq=1000. core_freq=500. sdram_freq=500. Same issue.
    – I’m using a Raspberry Pi 2

ruckage
    Participant

I think the delay when exiting is due to emulationstation saving all the gamelist data. I agree it is annoying and it would be nice to have an option to switch off the save on exit as once the gamelists are setup it doesn’t need to be saving them every time.

retrocam
    Participant

Aaah yes. I had that thought too. Well I prefer that it saves the play counts etc when rebooting so I’m happy to wait. :)

robertybob
    Participant

[quote=119394]I think the delay when exiting is due to emulationstation saving all the gamelist data. I agree it is annoying and it would be nice to have an option to switch off the save on exit as once the gamelists are setup it doesn’t need to be saving them every time.

[/quote]

+1. Hopefully this can become a reality.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.