Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Boot into Attract Mode, bypass Emulationstation?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    finhead
    Participant

Trying to figure out if it’s possible to boot into something other than Emulationstation from boot?
    I have Attract Mode coplied with RetroPie 3.6 and it works fanstasic, but I have to F4 and type “xinit attract” to start.
    I’d like to just boot directly if I’m able to. It was suggested on the AM forum to change the rc.local file but there doesn’t seem to be anything to change. Quote from the forum.
    “I think this is what you need to look at in order to pick startup app.

run:

nano /etc/rc.local from the root directory.

then locate emulationstation in a line, comment it our with #
    then copy the line and put attract in place of emulationstation.”

Is there another directory that run the startu[ app?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

theres a fair bit of chatter on github…

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues

finhead
    Participant

Thanks ran across that about an hour ago, but it doesn’t seem to point to any clue on how to boot into AM direclty only how to compile which I have already done.

dudleydes
    Participant

I think ES is started at boot by /etc/profile.d/10-emulationstation.sh. You could try replacing emulationstation in line 2.

finhead
    Participant

[quote=122016]I think ES is started at boot by /etc/profile.d/10-emulationstation.sh. You could try replacing emulationstation in line 2.

[/quote]

Sweet that worked perfectly, thank you very much. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.