Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi,

after I setup two ps3 controller via bluetooth I tried to pair a bluetooth keyboard (logitech dinovo mini) but it doesn’t work. I followed a bunch of tutorials but they all fail at the same point (after i found out the mac adress of the keayboard):

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ bluez-simple-agent hci0 00:1F:20:04:E1:5A
    ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.1:/: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: or                                                                                        g.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; t                                                                                        ype="method_call", sender=":1.2" (uid=1000 pid=2689 comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/b                                                                                        in/bluez-simple-agent hci0 0") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" m                                                                                        ember="Introspect" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.1" (                                                                                        uid=0 pid=2451 comm="python /usr/sbin/sixad-dbus-blocker ")
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent", line 102, in <module>
        path = manager.FindAdapter(args[0])
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__
        return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__
        **keywords)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_                                                                                        blocking
        message, timeout)
    dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected                                                                                         send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.2" (uid=1000 pid=                                                                                        2689 comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent hci0 0") interface="org.b                                                                                        luez.Manager" member="FindAdapter" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" dest                                                                                        ination=":1.1" (uid=0 pid=2451 comm="python /usr/sbin/sixad-dbus-blocker ")

What’s about that thing with:

comm="python /usr/sbin/sixad-dbus-blocker

?

resp. with sudo (just tried it):

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo bluez-simple-agent hci0 00:1F:20:04:E1:5A
    ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.1:/: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent", line 102, in <module>
        path = manager.FindAdapter(args[0])
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__
        return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__
        **keywords)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking
        message, timeout)
    dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

I can’t figure out what the problem is – has someone an idea?

jmlott
    Participant

Just got a Rii BT mini keyboard and having the exact same issue. I am running 3.0 from the update script binaries install.

I have searched Google for the exact error message and several other closely related terms trying a multitude of troubleshooting steps. Nothing has worked so far. Your post got me thinking about PS3 controller, which paired fine but I can’t use because the analog sticks are too sensitive.

I just uninstalled the sixad package and rebooted. That finally got rid of my dbus error message. Running the bluez-simple-agent command now gives me “Creating device failed: org.bluez.Error.ConnectionAttemptFailed: Page Timeout”. I am at work now ssh’d into the pi, so I can’t press the BT pairing button on the keyboard to do a full test, but I am hopeful with this progress. Even when the keyboard wasn’t in pairing mode before, it would still give me the same dbus error you got above, so this is new.

I know that doesn’t completely help you if you want to continue using the PS3 controller over BT, but at least it narrowed down the problem. I’ll post my progress later tonight when I get back home.

jmlott
    Participant

Just to let you know, the removal of sixad completely solved it for me. Pairing worked exactly like it should after that. I would suggest digging into sixad and maybe talking to the developer to see if you can figure out where the problem is.

midimax
    Participant

I have paired my bluetooth keyboard (Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro) and a PS 3 controller (mostly) successful.

What i have done:
    PS3 controller already successful connected, to connect the keyboard.

sudo sixad --stop
    sudo sixad -r

(the second command to remove sixad temporary)
    And now added the keyboard following this guide:
    http://elinux.org/RPi_Bluetooth_keyboard_setup
    (sometimes an additional “sudo” is required, for example
    “echo 0000|sudo bluez-…” instead of “echo 0000|bluez-…” and it worked)

Now after restarting sixad (“sudo sixad –start” done at tty2) the bluetooth keyboard and the PS3 controller are working.

Unfortunately, the reason why i wrote “mostly”, after a reboot most times both are working perfectly, but sometimes only one bluetooth device is recognized and working (keyboard or PS3 controller) and i have no clue why.

Btw. RetroPie Pi 2 Version 3.0 BETA 4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.