Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Blissbox(4play Controller won't work) but works with JStest

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    monkey
    Participant

When trying to get my Game pad adaptor (http://skunx7.wix.com/bliss-box) to work with RetroPie I on the 3.5 SD image with a Pi 2. The controller is not reconsided by the EmulationStation application, but my PS4 controller is. When I exit I was presented with the text that said: INFO The key you just pressed was not recognized by SDL. To help get this fixed, please report this to the SLD mailing list…..KeyCode 308, 309,304 and 305 were listed (I only had a NES pad attached so I didn’t have that many to press) I have mailed the SDL lib address.

Attached is the output from a jstest from the command that see the devices fine. So I know that the device is working and seen by the Raspberry Pi ok. I’ve also made sure the Blissbox controller adaptor is flashed the the firmware that has a few bug fixes for Linux.

Can anyone advise what I need to do in order to get it working? Retropie is great with a PS4 controller but using original pads for each system would be awesome. I’ve also attached the main part of a dmesg where the USB device is loaded (note I have 2 plugged in)

monkey
    Participant

So I’ve had some limited success, it turns out the device works with RetroArch when I change the configuration to use LinuxRaw (I need to test some other drivers) for the the input driver from the default SDL. The EmulationStation part seems to use SDL for the joypad drivers and I’ve not seen anyway of changing this. So I have to launch games using another controller or a keyboard for now. I’m in the process of setting up each pad for each system config. Nes, SNES, Master System 6 button Sega MegaDrive pads are working so far. The only pad I’m having issue with is the Sega Saturn pad, I need to test in JStest and/ or Windows.

Can EmulationStation be configured to use a different driver than SDL?
    Does anyone know of anything like a media remote control that’s actually a bluetooth keyboard? Or can media remotes be use for EmulationStation, it would be cool for hot keys and exit, pause etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.