Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

Last night I downloaded the binary 2.3 version of RetroPie and tried it out this morning. It looks like it’s working, but when I exit emulationstation the system seems kind of bare. I’m wondering where the raspi configuration stuff is; so I can change the video/ram memory split, or the clock speed. I’d also like to turn the ssh server on so I can connect to the system remotely.

Thanks!
    Doug

proxycell
    Participant

when you say “binary”, you’re referring to the image?

I believe that SSH should already be enabled by default in this image and raspi-config should be executable from the terminal anywhere just like it is in vanilla raspbian

keep us posted on how things go for you

writeson
    Participant

Hi proxycell,

Yes, sorry, by “binary” I am referring to the image. And you’re correct, SSH was enabled by default, and I just wasn’t looking in the right place for raspi-config. So all were pebkac errors. :)

I have a wifi dongle plugged into one of the USB ports, and it’s inactive, not sure how to get that running, any hints for a pebkack user?

Doug

proxycell
    Participant

oh wifi setup is something else then:

that guide at the link should suffice :)
    it will cover doing it in a GUI desktop environment and at the terminal

writeson
    Participant

Hi proxycell,

Thanks for the link, very much appreciated! I will try that out later today.

Doug

writeson
    Participant

Hi proxycell,

Thank you very much for the link to setting up WiFi for RetroPie, that worked like a charm! As a reward for your help, I’ve got two more questions for you!! :)

I’m trying to set up RetroPie as a controller only (no keyboard) system. How do I configure the system so the games can be exited using the XBox controller instead of the ESC key?

So far I’ve had no luck geting MAME games to recognize the XBox controller, though the games work fine using keyboard input. Any suggestions/pointers about how configure the system so MAME games use the XBox controller for input?

Thanks again for your help,
    Doug

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.