Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Beware es-scraper not completing gamelist.xml's!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RetroMarine
    Participant

Thought I’d save some of you from a great deal of frustration…I recently manually scraped my entire sega genesis collection (roughly 750 roms), and when I finally finished, the command prompt stated how many games were added, but did not say anything about creating an xml or gamelist.xml. When I opened the rom folder to find the gamelist.xml, it was there, but unfinished…it was not closed out and nothing was written after one of the games in the A’s section. It started the next game, but only got as far as <game>. So naturally I checked my rom folder to see what game would’ve come alphabetically next…it was Andre Agassi tennis or something…I believe the program had trouble reading the little ~ thing over the e on Andre, so it fuct the rest of my gamelist…nearly 4 hours of manually scraping for nothing! It makes me want to wash my mouth out with buckshot! Too bad there’s no command to have es-scraper rewrite you gamelist from what you’ve already done!

moorens
    Participant

Can you scrape just one folder? and how do I do that? For example I have at the root of my nes roms folder, all NES games released in all languages. Then in another folder inside of the NES roms folder, I have just US games. I want to just scrape the US NES games how do I do this. I was also wondering how to I manually add artwork and info without running a scraping script? I noticed last time I tried to run the script all roms came back with the error.. Could not re-size image.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed with the updated binaries? Also is there release notes for new releases of fixes & updated features?

Thanks!

RetroMarine
    Participant

First of all, you need to go into scraper.py and change PIL to Image for resize to work. It’s one of the first couple lines of the script.

To scrape just one folder within your nes roms directory, I would suggest removing all other roms from the nes roms directory, scraping what you want to scrape, then putting them back in.

To only scrape nes directory, go:

cd RetroPie
    cd supplementary
    cd ES-scraper
    sudo python scraper.py -w 275 -fix -p

If you want to scrape it manually (which is time consuming, but at least you know everything will be right), just add -m to the last line:

cd RetroPie
    cd supplementary
    cd ES-scraper
    sudo python scraper.py -w 275 -fix -m -p

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.