Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cheekee
    Participant

I am newer to the Raspberry Pi scene, although wanting one for years. I picked one up and installed Retropie for it, after playing on my usb Snes controller I decided that it would be really fun to get a joystick! My question is which one is the best? Which one has enough buttons for all the emulators? Which one is easiest to set up? Thanks In Advance!

krux02
    Participant

retroarch makes it incredibly hard to configure anything that is not like a Play Station 2 controller (one hat, two analog sticks with one button each, 4 shoulder buttons, 4 thumb buttons, Start Select. Anything more than that, like 6 thumb buttons like sega consoles, are at it’s best useless.

proxycell
    Participant

@krux02 – I’m not so sure about that… I’m testing my RetroPies these days using nothing but SNES-style USB controllers by Tomee.

@cheekee
    – I would say that that any controller with a total of 6 “game” buttons, a start, select and at least one d-pad should be fine. So yeah… any SNES-style controller lol…

I have had good experiences with the Xbox 360 (wired) controller as well but that requires the installation of another driver.

cheekee
    Participant
    proxycell
    Participant

@cheekee – that looks good to me personally. have you run the “Register RetroArch Controller” before?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.