Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! BerryBoot RetroPie Image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gmacerola
    Participant

So this is probably really dumb. The installation instructions do not mention the BerryBoot image installation

The file that downloads is .img256 and I have no idea what that is.

According to BerryBoot’s installaion, I am supposed to extract it and then dxrop the contents on a sd card. I am using a mac with PiFiller, do I just fill the sd card with this .img256 file? what do I do?

I am using a mac but can get on a PC if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Raspberry Pie 3 with a 32 gb sd card.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The berryboot images are provided as is, due to them being requested. They are installed in the same way as any other berryboot image (see the berryboot project documentation) – you put them on a fat32 USB as a file and install them from the berryboot menu.

I am unable to offer support for them though, as I don’t use them.

http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot

gmacerola
    Participant

Right, but according to the instructions I should install a .zip file and extract, then put the contents on a sd card

This is a .img256 file. Do I ‘extract’? then place the contents on an sd card? I get 1000’s of errors….

After I have all the folders extracted, I have a bunch of folders, no img file as I usually see in these boot images….they are all folders…

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Read the documentation again. The zip file is the berryboot software – you extract that first to a sdcard. Then you install the im256 from a USB stick when booted into berryboot.

gmacerola
    Participant

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.