Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been planning on building a full sized arcade cabinet with RetroPie, so I tested it out before I made any further adjustments. However, when I was testing some NES roms, the B button seemed to restart the game rather than performing its usually function. I have yet to test this with other systems, but I didn’t know if there was a fix for this problem.

Floob

In your /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg file what does the entry have here:

input_enable_hotkey =

If its blank, try adding a key reference like “alt” to it.

blueshap
    Participant

I tried doing cd /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg, and I got no result. I then tried changing directories one at a time, and it said there was no retropie config. I use retropie 3.1, so I don’t have a clue what the problem is.

ronoh55
    Participant

you have to use nano to open the retroarch.cfg. Your command will be

sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

If that gives an error use
    cd /opt/retropie/configs/all/
    then
    ls
    to list the files in that folder and verify that retroarch.cfg is there (it should be)

blueshap
    Participant

I tried your first set of code ronoh, and I found that the hotkey was set at rshift. Do I have to do something else now?

Thanks

ronoh55
    Participant

If it’s set to rshift, you shouldn’t be having the issues you are with “b” resetting the game. You could change it to something else like “alt” as was suggested by floob.

You could always update to retropie 3.2.1 (just noticed you were on 3.1) and see if that fixes it too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.