Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Autodetect Controller for Assignments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roquen
    Participant

How difficult would it be to have the configuration files be preset to be like

If USB = Mad Catz Wired Xbox 360 Controller then this button assignment
    If USB = NES Controller then this button assignment
    etc
    etc

unless this is already possible and I just have to setup the config myself, I just dont know how to do that :P

gizmo98
    Participant

It is already there for retroarch cores.

You can find a list of all supported controllers here:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/tree/master/supplementary/RetroArchConfigs

You can create a auto config file under “ESCONFIG/basic input configuration”. The config file will be stored under “/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs”.

pfunk237
    Participant

I’ve been working with PiPlay for a few months, and Shea had created a really nice controller GUI. you basically have to pick what emulator, and it shows a vector image of the correct controller and hit Button A when it states. It really worked well.

nolageek
    Participant

If we wanted to add a new controller after configuring it , can we just copy the button assignments from retroarch.cfg to a file in ‘/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs’ and use the name that appears during bootup?

(or maybe a better way would be /retroarch-joyconfig -j 1 >> /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/filename-for-controller.cfg)

For example… I have this controller:

When I boot up I get a message like “controller found: “USB SNES Controller” or something like that.

Would I create a new file named gtron-snes-controller.cfg with the following in it:

input_device = "USB SNES Controller"
    input_b_btn = "1"
    [... the rest of the configuration...]
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.