Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I bought this adapter:

When RetroPie starts up this is detected, but the dpad-right and dpad-down movements are not detected. Has anyone else tried this thing and worked through this problem?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I guess you didn’t check the reviews before you bought it – the first review I see:

Works OK on a Windows PC, except for the fact that I have to mash the Select button abnormally hard for it to detect (this was verified with three different controllers). If you are buying this for RetroPie on the Raspberry Pi, don’t bother–because of the way the adapter handles the axes, pressing right does nothing. I was unable to get it to work at all. For the RPi, I recommend the Super SmartJoy, which works wonderfully.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I read in another review it requires a kernel patch to get it to work – although no reference to what one. I would just get another adapter that is known to work.

bstar
    Participant

Ugh, thanks for pointing that out. I read the reviews but somehow missed that one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.