Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know that audio over HDMI is a pita but what is the latest word? I just got back up and running this weekend and the latest raspbian image and retropie setup script and I couldn’t get anything to come out over hdmi through nes or snes. Eventually I ran whatever command I had to to put audio over analog so I’m rocking that right now but if I ever want to be portable I’d like to get audio out of hdmi even if it means doing something like dropping out frames of the audio or whatever it takes.

And off topic but are any more of those cases going to show back up soon?

Martin84
    Participant

Hi,

I had the same problem. Sound only over RCA with Video over Composite. But no sound over HDMI.

The solution is to add a line in the config.txt which is located in /boot/config.txt

I edit the file over another linux PC. There you’ll see two partitions when inserting the sd card. The small one includes the config.txt. Just open the config.txt with gedit or something like that and uncomment the following line:

hdmi_drive = 2

This option forces the HDMI mode. It’s necessary if some TV’s or monitors wants to use the DVI mode but there’s no sound over DVI. So when you force the HDMI mode it doesn’t matter which TV or monitor you use.

It works great with sega megadrive, nes, snes emulators.

But I’ve still a problem with gamegear and sega mastersystem roms. Both use the osmose emulator and with this there’s still no sound.

Can anyone help me with the solution for the osmose emulator and HDMI sound??

Martin84
    Participant

I’ve already tried following options in the /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/mastersystem/retroarch.cfg

audio_enable=true

audio_out_rate=44100

audio_driver=sdl

But it doesn’t work.

Martin84
    Participant

I’ve fixed my problem.

I changed the commands in the es_systems.cfg. So that I use the Genesis-Plus Emulator for the Mastersystem and the Megadrive roms.

Now there’s sound over HDMI on all my Emulators (Gamegear, Mastersystem, Megadrive, NES, SNES). Before I changed the megadrive emulator I coulden’t execute the roms when watching Video over  Composite. This problem fixed also with changing the emulator to Genesis-Plus.

Here is the command-line that must be changed in es_systems.cfg:

Gamegear:

old -> COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/osmose-0.8.1+rpi20121122/osmose %ROM% -joy -tv -fs

Sega Master System II:

old -> COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/osmose-0.8.1+rpi20121122/osmose %ROM% -joy -tv -fs

Sega Megadrive:

old -> COMMAND=dgen -f %ROM%

Change these three lines with the new COMMAND-line:

COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/Genesis-Plus-GX/libretro.so %ROM%

The Genesis-Plus Core is already installed on the sd card.

My sound problem is solved! :-)

Now I have to change the resolution with the help of the script in this link http://angrynerd.flimmerkiste.com/?p=23

to get clearer sound for megadrive and snes roms…

Anonymous
    Inactive

You rock! That did the trick. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=1141]I’ve fixed my problem.

I changed the commands in the es_systems.cfg. So that I use the Genesis-Plus Emulator for the Mastersystem and the Megadrive roms.

Now there’s sound over HDMI on all my Emulators (Gamegear, Mastersystem, Megadrive, NES, SNES). Before I changed the megadrive emulator I coulden’t execute the roms when watching Video over Composite. This problem fixed also with changing the emulator to Genesis-Plus.

Here is the command-line that must be changed in es_systems.cfg:

Gamegear:

Sega Master System II:

Sega Megadrive:

old -> COMMAND=dgen -f %ROM%

Change these three lines with the new COMMAND-line:

COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/Genesis-Plus-GX/libretro.so %ROM%

The Genesis-Plus Core is already installed on the sd card.

My sound problem is solved! :-)

Now I have to change the resolution with the help of the script in this link http://angrynerd.flimmerkiste.com/?p=23

to get clearer sound for megadrive and snes roms…

[/quote]

Ohhhhh, this solution don’t work for me…
    I have tried it but, the games open and close immediately.
    Some idea?

lilbud
    Participant

Hello,

I am completely new at the whole raspberry pi thing. but when i uncomment “hdmi_drive = 2” emulation station goes outside of my screen, but when i comment it back again. screen is fixed but sound is just one long beep. i will also post config .txt also so someone can tell me what the problem is. help, ASAP

lilbud
    Participant

Hello,

I am completely new at the whole raspberry pi thing. but when i uncomment “hdmi_drive = 2” emulation station goes outside of my screen, but when i comment it back again. screen is fixed but sound is just one long beep. i will also post config .txt also so someone can tell me what the problem is. help, ASAP

p.s, this may be in wrong post, if so, tell me where the correct place to put this is.

P.P.S i do not know why this posted twice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.