Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Audio- Volume "waves" during play

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an odd problem with the volume on a new Raspberry Pi 2 build I made recently. The video and controller input are working fantastically, the sound doesn’t lag, and I have it running through HDMI, however there is a weird “wave” where the sound keeps fading to really soft and then will suddenly get louder and louder, and then get softer again. I’ve changed my memory settings, overclocked it to the “Pi2” setting, which several blogs have suggested, and changed my audio driver to “dsl” and my audio output to 4410.. This problem happens on 16bit and 8bit games (nes, snes, megadrive, etc).

Has anyone else had this problem? It’s a bit frustrating and distracting to say at the least. I can’t seem to find anywhere that has described this exact situation (I posted a help question on the retropie subreddit, no luck there either), and similar solutions to similar problems haven’t worked. Help would be greatly appreciated!

pi-guy
    Participant

@betz….
    I’ve got the same problem, troubleshooted the same way you did…no dice. Have you found a solution?

kimberly2000
    Participant

I don’t know if it will help, but I was having the waving sound level issue. I was able to fix it by turning off the SRS in our TV.

pi-guy
    Participant

Yup, I’m finally posting back after a few weeks…figured it out too…turned volume leveling off on my 70″er and bam…all working!

At the same time I found a fix for the main menu resolution problem that I was having…it too was a aspect problem of the TV…had to set it to normal instead of wide or something like that and it fixed it w/o issues.
    Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.