Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I have scoured the web and tried everything that has been suggested on forums but I am still getting a constant audio hiss/static from my RPi 2 running RetroPie 2.3/2.6 through the 3.5mm audio jack. I have tried the following:

– Several micro USB cables including good quality ones
    – different power supplies
    – updating RPi firmware
    – tested through an amp and headphones directly connected to Pi

This is what I’m experiencing:

Boots into emulationstation and all seems fine. No audio hiss at all. I launch a rom (any rom) and I hear the hiss for about half a second and then the terminal appears while the rom is loading (there is no hiss while the terminal is on screen). The rom loads and the hiss starts again. When I exit the rom back to emulationstation the hiss is constant. There was no his when it first booted into emulationstation but there is after I exit the rom.

This seems so weird to me. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

herbfargus

I had the same issue- I was never able to solve it. I’m pretty sure its directly related to the raspberry pi rather than retropie or emulation station. I’ve seen a few posts of other people who have had the same issues with their raspberry pi’s on the raspberry pi forum.

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/26726/noise-on-the-analog-jack-shadowing-the-rpi-activity

Youre best off using HDMI if at all possible. Also try switching around the wires even if they are the wrong colours as colour codes for 4 pole cables can be different than the typical rca colour codes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.