Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Arcade stick axis problems – help appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’ve got my Pi set up and running Retropie smoothly (thanks to you guys all asking and answering things that I could look up). I’m now a bit stuck from a controller point of view.

PS3 controller – no problem, I can collect rings and coins all day but…. I want a retro feel and so have opted for a DIY cabinet and some arcade sticks and buttons from arcade world. I’m connecting the controller (2 players) through a supplied PCB with its own headers via USB. Retripie sees it, allows me to configure it (both in Emulation station and the retro arch config tool). I’m able to control both emulation station and games with it but when I hold down I appear to have an output that is repeatedly flicking between that command turning on and off (so in street fighter 2 Ryu stands up and then ducks repeatedly).
    When looking at the config file I see that my axis output shows “-39762” or “+39762” on both axis (is this normal?). I also find that moving between emulators or option in emulation station is very fierce and requires the most delicate of touches.

Can anybody help me stop annoying Ryu please?

sircrisp
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same setup as you. Home made microswitch arcade stick with USB PCB to connect it. I’m having the same problem, Emulation Station detects it fine but is extremely sensitive and basically goes through the entire menu with one swipe to the left of the joystick. When I try to map the controller in RetroArch it is spammed with commands when I use the joystick but the buttons act fine.

Hope someone has a suggestion..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Sircrisp,

I found this… Seems there’s a fix (but a DIY one). I’ve got to pluck up the know hoe to try this now

Autofire on the axis

sircrisp
    Participant

Thanks for the links, I will try using feederchains kernel and see how it goes I suppose. Look’s like it’s a somewhat known problem and was only introduced with the latest update.

Edit:
    It worked incase you are wondering.

feederchain
    Participant

Glad to hear it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Worked for me too. Thank you. (Only mame won’t see my start or select buttons) :-/

Big improvement though.

I wonder how we go about making sure this is resolved in the next release?

feederchain
    Participant

That is a good question, when I first recompiled this custom kernel it was only because of the left and down directions not working and that appeared to be because some hardware isn’t following spec, or compliant with a standard. I don’t know if that could get in. The issue described here was a bit different. In that I found the code that went it that caused it, because it became an issue between kernels. But I honestly didn’t do a whole bunch of research into what I was backing out. This started as just something I needed :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.