Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

A mouse works fine when enabled in the Retroarch GUI so I know the mouse works to some degree. Using Genesis Plus GX as an example, I can move the mouse cursor in the Retroarch menu, but not in the emulator I am using. I set the input device to be menacer or light phaser for the games that support it and although the mouse buttons work, but I cannot move the cursor around.

Am I missing something or is mouse support broke? I posted about the GIThub page about it but just posting to get a wider audience because maybe someone knows. I have tried multiple mice and the same thing happens, the buttons work fine but I cannot move it around in game. Am I missing something?

momaw27
    Participant

Yes, I’d love to find the answer to this as well.

dudleydes
    Participant

I’ve successfully used the Linux Joystick Mapper (http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxjoymap/) to map the mouse to my controller for Ultima Underworld: Stygian Abyss in DOSBox.

I have written a tutorial on how to compile the binary and launch the program with an emulator or port at the link below.

https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/mapping-a-game-controller-in-kodi/

To map the mouse, these are the lines I used in my mapper file (for a PS3 controller).

# Map mouse
    axis vendor=0x054c product=0x0268 src=0 target=mouse axis=0
    axis vendor=0x054c product=0x0268 src=1 target=mouse axis=1

button vendor=0x054c product=0x0268 src=14 target=mouse button=0
    button vendor=0x054c product=0x0268 src=15 target=mouse button=1

This maps mouse movement to the left analogue stick, left click to the X button and right click to the square button.

Let me know what ROM for the Genesis Plus GX you’re looking at and I’ll take a look at it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try Body Count, Menacer 6-in-1 or a Master system game such as Gangster Town.

EDIT: The light gun is mapped to a mouse, not something that can be changed.

dudleydes
    Participant

I’ve managed to get a mouse working in Body Count by changing the device type. In the RGUI, I went to Settings > Input and changed user 1 device type to MD Mouse.

I’ve had no luck with Gangster Town. Like you, if I set the input device to MS Light Phaser, the mouse buttons work but I can’t move the cursor.

As I’m not sure what I’m trying to map, I’m not sure the Linux Joystick Mapper will help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much! I posted a issue on the GIT page for both Retropie and Retroarch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.