Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RawToxic
    Participant

While browsing through Element14’s website the other day, I noticed that wolfson has release a dedicated audio card device this year which interfaces directly with the pi using the GPIO header (Rev2 P5 Pad Pi’s only).

http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-55903/l/element14-presents-wolfson-audio-card-for-raspberry-pi

Has anyone tried this or know if this device would enhance the sound capabilities of the pi when using emulators? I don’t know if the emulators have to use processing power to generate the audio or if adding a dedicated audio device would help.

If no one has tried it, I’d be willing to be a guinea pig and try this on my own to report the results for everyone. I also wouldn’t turn down the opportunity if someone wanted to sponsor my attempt. (wink)

rvizcaino
    Participant

Will be great if you can report your results. I am curious about if this will get off the load from raspberry in audio term, maybe better performance in games?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.