Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes anyone have any .SVG experience

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    InsecureSpike
    Participant

hi guy’s is there anyone here with any .svg editing/creation experience?
    if so i’d like some tutorials pls

thank you

Naurandir

Hi!
    do you need Exp in SVG because u wanna make your own logos?
    Is it important for you that its an svg?
    BC Emulationstation2 also works with pngs!

I tested that myself.

If u just want to edit logos you can also create pngs, bc svg is pretty hard to edit in my opinion.

naurandir

Keigan

To create an SBG use Illustrator or Inkscape. As far as a tutorial it would depend on what you are looking to create.

Benefit of an SVG over a PNG is the scalability, but if it’s a set size it should make no difference.

Keigan

Sorry SVG not SBG

einsfck
    Participant

My solution was a bit easier. I went here: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-svg. Uploaded the .png, had the website save it as .svg, done. I was able to copy one of the themes and modify the files as needed. Below is a snapshot of the nds theme.

spanner
    Participant

You can use png files instaed of svg,just have to change it in the theme.xml file.

Got ES Segment fault

nilsbyte
    Participant

[quote=82510]My solution was a bit easier. I went here: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-svg. Uploaded the .png, had the website save it as .svg, done. I was able to copy one of the themes and modify the files as needed. Below is a snapshot of the nds theme.[/quote]

Converters like these are very crappy. You will never get the precision of doing it by hand. Outlines are scruffy most of the time. Better use Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator to draw the logos by hand.

ceuse
    Participant

I tried to modify the Theme for zoid but emulationstation crashed when i tried to activate the theme. i think svg was the fault. can anybody take a look what could be wrong with the svg (i created it with the online website out of a png)

emexrulsier
    Participant

The big advantage of using svg files over png though is that svg is vector graphics, because of this you only need one file and can resize it to what ever you want without loosing quality.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.