Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    flattery
    Participant

Wanted to let everyone know about the program I found to use my Android Phone as a remote to my RetroPie emulationstation called Penguin Remote.

I found it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_rob.PenguinRemote

I downloaded the Perl server program and modified it to run some bash scripts and code with my Android Phone remote and now I am able to Shutdown, Reboot, kill emulators, and mount xbox controllers if I plug a new one in after already booting up my RetroPie.

Trying to see what else I can plug into it. I want to try to swap controllers so like first and second player are swapped.

Has anyone tried the networking features in RetroPie? I see they are in the config, maybe something with that can be done on the remote. A lot of cool possibilities…

karloss
    Participant

Hi Flattery,

This sounds very useful, esp mounting the xbox controllers, could you possibly give a guide, or share the work you have done?

Thanks

Karl

Raygan Kelly
    Participant

Does anybody know an alternative for iOS?

karloss
    Participant

Hey flattery,

I have brought the client app for my phone and installed the server on my pi, can you paste a copy of your penguin_remote.pl script please?

Thanks

flattery
    Participant

I will post mine later on this week. I want to clean it up first as it is a little messy. I am using a lot of bash scripts and running the bash scripts from the perl server script using system();

dylanh724
    Participant

[quote=1744]I will post mine later on this week. I want to clean it up first as it is a little messy. I am using a lot of bash scripts and running the bash scripts from the perl server script using system();
    [/quote]

I’ve been looking for this for ages man — please post your solution! If you make an Android app i’d even pay for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.