Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fuzzweed
    Participant

Hi, got an Aimtrak light gun that ‘should’ operate as if it were a mouse. It’s plug and play in windows, and I think it shows up as a USB mouse during boot on the RPi, but it’s not recognised by either Emustation (no game pad/keyboard detected), or MAME (but an actual mouse works fine). Any thoughts on how to get this working?
    Thanks
    I should add that there’s some setup info on the manufacturers website that mentions activating the light gun in mame.ini, but I can’t find this file or equivalent (I guess it’s maybe referring to the windows version?) in RetroPie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you ever get this working? I am also looking to get either one of Aimtrack or the Wireless version with dongle.

fuzzweed
    Participant

I did find how to create mame.ini – there’s a command line option for mame that creates it (can’t remember the details but should be easy to search for if you need it) BUT I never got as far as trying to set up the Aimtrack with Pi/linux as I put together a windows box that ‘just worked’ (much as I hate to admit it :) ). Certainly with windows the Aimtrack is a fabulous bit of kit. Easy to set up, accurate and got the full retro cabinet feel to it, so no complaints with the hardware side of things.
    Would love to revisit a Pi arcade at some point, so let me know how you get on, but not likely to have the time myself for the foreseeable future…..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so I decided to get the aimtrak light gun on the basis that my main emulation machine is PC and if I can get it working on PI and my other devices then its a bonus. I read about the mame.INI.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.