Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie After Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, N64 controls don't work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    catrinisin
    Participant

Hi All,

I performed the upgrade using the Retropie menu and it seemed to go fine. Everything still works, but I noticed that the N64 emulator has changed to default to Mupen64PLus. The website says that this emulator will autoconfigure controls when I do the initial setup in Emulation Station, however it didn’t seem to work.

After the upgrade, Emulation Station did make me redo the controller configuration which I did, and it works in all RetroArch emulators. But no controls work at all in the Mupen64PLus. What is the easiest way to get this working?

I’m using a Raspberry Pie 2 with an ipac2 controller which just acts like a keyboard.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I hope I’m not just missing some obvious NOOB thing. Thanks!!

jynxbone6986
    Participant

Im having the same problem. I think we need to edit /opt/retropie/configs/n64/InputAutoCfg.ini but we need the button id’s[key(102)] instead of “num1”. Have you made any progress with this?

catrinisin
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I did make progress by editing the file you mentioned. It took some trial and error but I did get it working with my wireless xbox controller. It actually works really well and I’m happy with it. I have not yet tackled getting a second controller working but will try that soon.

The ipac controller I was using for other emulators won’t ever work for N64 since this system requires the analog stick. PSX also has analog but is playable with the 8 way joystick that the ipac is connected to in my setup.

jynxbone6986
    Participant

I figured out the n64 keyboard config. https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/ipac-2-n64/
    And u can use it without a joystick if u set the buttons in the joystick section. I cant get 2 players working though. If u just want to use controllers just configure that through emulation station. And each controller has to be in a different usb port on the pi.

catrinisin
    Participant

Hey thanks for the info. I may try this to see if I can get it working with the ipac2.

I wasn’t able to get my controller working with it by configuring it with emulation station. I think it is because these wireless xbox controllers don’t show up the same way as a true usb controller. For instance, my wireless dongle for the xbox can handle up to four controllers. So all four are technically coming in through the one usb port. I guess this is why emulation station doesn’t set it up correctly for this emulator. But anyways, I was able to manually modify the InputAutoCfg.ini and get it working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.