Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    starplatinum81
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I was thinking to use Advmame with a full set of 0.106 roms to emulate all arcade games (old style games + neo geo + cpsx games) in retropie.
    Is it possible with the pi2? I read advmame performance was bad with the old pi.
    thank You!

rawk1971
    Participant

I’m wondering the same thing. Does the faster Pi 2 make up for the slowness of AdvanceMAME enough to make it worth using it instead of MAME4ALL?

I can’t get my trackball to work with MAME4ALL, so I’m thinking about trying AdvanceMAME instead.

starplatinum81
    Participant

No advmame is very laggy.
    You can use fba libretro which uses a very recent romset version 0.2.97.30 and runs above 3000 arcade games.
    Performance are very good on pi2.

Floob

I thought the performance was pretty good, but maybe I’m not very picky :)

Remember that RetroPie 3.0.0 comes with both Advmame .094 and 1.2
    Details here:

MAME versions and romsets on RetroPie

drvenkman
    Participant

I guess I”m not picky either; for all the stuff I care about (late 70’s – mid 80’s, especially Trak-Ball games) it runs great. No lag on my end. I did have to crank up the sensitivity settings for analog controls to get the proper feel, but I have to do that with my MAME 0.157 setup on my MacBook Pro too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.