Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Advice on installing and troubleshooting Retropie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello! I’m in need of some advice on a few problems I’m having with my Retropie setup. I flashed the image onto an SD card, and it runs like a champ, but my question is how do I modify the retroarchconfig file to enable the use of 2 of my USB gamepads without a desktop? I figured it out pre-Retropie 2.0, and now I can’t remember how I did it. When I “sudo apt-get update” and then install the desktop with “Sudo apt-get install lxde”, the desktop installs and I can modify the file, however. Emulationstation doesn’t remember my controller configuration after that, and I am stuck after opening a ROM. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Roo
    Participant

You just want to edit text files?

For that, I would use nano. There are other choices, but Nano is much more noobie friendly. It’s just a cli friendly text editor and the shortcut keys are all listed at the bottom of the screen. For example, use Ctrl-X to save the file when you are done making changes.

sudo nano /path/filename

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.