Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lamaman1971
    Participant

Hi Folks, Im using AdvanceMame with an arcade controller (iPac2) and while the START2 & START buttons get me a response to exit the emulator it then pops up some stupid menu requiring an “Enter” keypress – digs out the bloody USB keyboard again…. – which is deeply annoying. Anyone got any tips on how to either :

a) make the annoying menu not appear and default to exit (like everywhere else)
    b) remap a spare button (or combination of buttons) to deliver the required ENTER command (I think LEFT and START2 should work – maybe its my lack of dexterity!).

Meh.

lamaman1971
    Participant

Resolved this by making adjustments to the configuration : MISC_SAFEQUIT = no

Easy!

lg416
    Participant

thanks so much for this tip. It was pissing me off too lol

for anybody else looking for this file it is located here:
    /opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/advmame-1.2.rc

lamaman1971
    Participant

and the documentation is here : http://www.advancemame.it/doc-advmame

oleguer
    Participant

Hello all!! I try to config advmame1.4 and I have too questions to config them…
    1-What command you use to config the exit keyconfig?? (“”MISC_SAFEQUIT = no”” but what command use in key config to use them?))
    2-I try to config the controls using dualshock 3 gamepad anyone have the config for this?? Can upload to .txt or pastebin??
    3-When I try to config the dualshock 3 gamepad using the emulator menu (using TAB key of the keyboard, and changed the device_joystick auto to device_joystick raw in the config of .rc file) the game only take the config in the option “for this game” what I need do to change general config for all games and apply them???
    Thanks for all help forum!! and sorry for bad english :|

lamaman1971
    Participant

I’m using an iPac2 with traditional arcade controls – so not sure about a dualshock 3 to be honest! Sorry!

oleguer
    Participant

lamaman1971 you can copy to txt file your .rc config of advanced mame to help me and I can apply for my config??? thanks!!

hobbswon
    Participant

Sorry to necropost but this was the only info I could find…how did anybody get advmame to exit with a combo hotkey ( like start + select )??

I thought this was only for retroarch cores?

I was able to find the line for the safequit prompt to disable it…but I cannot find where the code for exiting the emulator is.

hobbswon
    Participant

Ok, ‘UI Cancel’ from the user interface menu is the option to map to a button to exit the emulator.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.