Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Advance MAME and XBOX controller

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    romainp
    Participant

Hi,
    I have retropie version 3 and follow the guide found here (https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller) to setup my wireless xbox controller and it works fine. Now, I wanted to test a game in mame (advance mame in fact) and found that the mapping for the joystick is not correct (I mean, the 4 buttons, select, coin, etc are not setup). For what I understand, I need to do do the mapping by myself in the advmame-1.2.rc file in the /opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame folder. Am I right? Is any other player in this forum has already tested a custom mapping for xbox controller?

Any hints or help will be very appreciated :)
    Thanks!

dankcushions
    Participant

is there any particular reason you want to use advance mame? only i’ve found imame4all-libretro is pretty decent and also is a retroarch core so works with all the regular configs.

romainp
    Participant

Hi,
    Well in fact I have tried it first time but when I launch the game (Street fighter 2 turbo) it says that the game is not supported…that’s why I have tested the other one :)

dankcushions
    Participant

ah :) well, SF2 works on lr-imame4all, but your version is presumably from a different mame romset than the one required for lr-imame4all, so doesn’t work. hopefully someone can sort your control issues out, but if not, source a 0.37b5 mame romset, and the two mame4all emulators are an alternative

romainp
    Participant

Thanks!
    I will play with this since all this retropie great project is pretty new for me :). If I found something with the advmame and the config, I will post it here

romainp
    Participant

Hi,
    Just to let all users know that in fact the joystick mapping configuration tool is available using the TAB key after you launch a game in mameadv :)

There are other options available there.

Have fun!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.