Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

although im not new to the retropie, i have trouble setting up doom2 to the ports section.
    Bevore 3.5 i edited Doom.sh to point to my doom2.wad and saved it as DoomII.sh. But now the Doom.sh only has a runcommand.sh line in it.
    Can anyone help?

dudleydes
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your help!
    I have read the these instructions but it seems the contents of the file has changed in 3.5.

dudleydes
    Participant

They have changed but you can the old style for your Doom 2 script. Try a script with the following:

#!/bin/bash
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-prboom/prboom_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/doom/retroarch.cfg /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/doom/doom2.wad" "lr-prboom"

There are plans to be able to add Doom wads within RetroPie but for now, it needs to be done manually.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t change it like that as it will get overwritten.

Instead edit

/opt/retropie/configs/doom/emulators.cfg and add a new line for example lr-prboom-doom2=”blah” with the launch config, you can switch between doom2 / doom from the runcommand script then.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

ignore what I said regarding being overwritten – if you make a new script as above that is fine – I had thought you were overwriting the main doom launch script which would get changed back. You can choose either way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks alot. I already thought about changing emulators.cfg but hoped there was a better way of doing it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.