Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Adding custom scripts to Emulationstation menu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dixeflatline
    Participant

I have written a few scripts that I would like to run from the emulationstation. I have seen a few tutorials but still havent been able to get working. I have been trying to follow from here https://rromo12.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/retropie-add-artwork-to-apps-section/ but dont see my script included with the other apps. Is there a video tut or updated how-to around?

Thanks,
    DFL

herbfargus

place your scripts in the folder that you have designate in your es_systems.cfg

<path>~/RetroPie/roms/apps</path>

so in the aformentioned example they would be placed in a folder called apps in the roms folder. they’ll show up if you have the same extensions on your files as indicated by this

<extension>.sh .SH</extension>

so in this case they would be shell scripts- if they still aren’t running even if they show up you may have to sudo chmod +x yourshell.sh

dixeflatline
    Participant

Thank you. Turns out it was a dumb user error. I wasnt dropping the scripts in the right folder. I thought I changed it to <path>~/RetroPie/roms/apps</path> but it was still reading <path>~/RetroPie/roms/ports</path> in the es_systems.cfg. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.