Homepage Forums RetroPie Project GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc. Adding a reset switch to the ContrloBlock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    minipax
    Participant

I’m currently in the midst of putting a Rpi 2 in an old NES console and plan to connect the controlblock to the original NES circuit board for the led and power switch.

The problem with this circuit board is the reset switch and led shares the same input (see diagram). Is it safe to hook the output from the reset switch to a free terminal port on the controlblock?

Since I’m using the NES controls I have a lot of spare ports on the controlblock. The plan is to make make it so that when I push the reset button, the menu for RetroArch appears. I’ve looked over the source for the drivers but I can’t figure out how to add the port where the reset button is connected as a button, which then will be assigned to input_menu_btn in the configs. Any tips?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You certainly would need to control the GPIO pin, which is not a problem since you can access the GPIO expander via I2C – the addresses are 0x20 and 0x27.

You would also need to adapt the SNES module https://github.com/petrockblog/ControlBlockService/blob/master/src/controlblock/SNESGamepad.cpp and add some keyboard observing code similar to the one in https://github.com/petrockblog/ControlBlockService/blob/master/src/controlblock/MAMEGamepad.cpp.

Hope that points you into a helpful direction!?

tsubasa97
    Participant

Sorry to bring this back TTT – but did you have any luck with this, minipax?

marvintherobot
    Participant

hi there!

i’m building (besides my already working gaming table) a little NES Box and I was wondering if one could use any pins for a emulator reset (like pushing select and start on the NES gamepad or like the button on the smaller retropie GPIO adapter). just for your information: my powerbutton has no LED.

greets, Phil.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.