Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Adding a 2 Player Game Boy Emulator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davejaca
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I set up TGB Dual in RetroPie 3.0 which allows 2 player Game Boy games to be played, it’s pretty cool so I thought I’d show you how to set it up. Check out the video at the bottom to see how it runs, and an easy install script, or, follow the instructions below:

Instructions below are for 3.0 only! The emulator does work on 2.6 but install will be a little different.

Go to terminal and type the following:

Make our directories:
    sudo mkdir /home/pi/tgbdual
    sudo mkdir /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-tgbdual/

Enter Directory and download required files:
    cd /home/pi/tgbdual
    sudo git clone https://github.com/libretro/tgbdual-libretro

Build:
    cd tgbdual-libretro
    sudo make

Copy binary to our emulator folder:
    sudo cp tgbdual_libretro.so /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-tgbdual/

Edit our emulators.cfg file to show the new emulator:
    sudo sed -i -e 's|default="lr-gambatte"|lr-tgbdual="/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-tgbdual/tgbdual_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/gb/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"\ndefault="lr-gambatte"|g' /opt/retropie/configs/gb/emulators.cfg

Add option to enable 2 player by default to retroarch-core-options:
    echo 'tgbdual_gblink_enable = enabled' | sudo tee --append /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg > /dev/null

Remove the install folder if you like:
    sudo rm -rf /home/pi/tgbdual

Now, if you press X when loading a rom, you will have a new emulator option available. Choose this if you want 2 player goodness!

Omnija
    Participant

Thanks, it works great and was easy to install. I had a question about is there a way to select 2 different roms, such as pokemon red and blue?

ronoh55
    Participant

On the Windows version of this emulator you are able to select 2 seperate roms like that. Or at least you could some years ago when I first discovered this emulator.

Not sure how you would set it up to be able to do that with the pi easily though. I’m sure someone more experienced than myself will come up with something though

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.