Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Accidently regenerated config and now retroarch wont load

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smartroad
    Participant

I accidently hit enter while on the “Re-generate config file for Emulation Station” task, and now I can’t get Retroarch to load (gameboy and nes mainly)

I get the error attach. What do I need to change to get it back working?

Thanks for any help due to my errant fingers!

smartroad
    Participant

I have solved it!

On another thread I found about the hidden .emulationstation directory. I then found the es_systems.cfg file and was able to change where the gameboy and other retroarch emulators are called.

In the regenerated file it tries to call retroarch from /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch

By removing the /installdir/bin from the command the emulator will start correctly. :-)

Out of interest if I reorder the emulators in this file will it be in that order in ES?

zoot
    Participant

Yes, I think that reordering the emulator entries will affect the order that you can choose them in ES. This allows you to put your most popular emulator entry first if you feel like it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.