Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project A few MAMEs work, most have "Missing File"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gv0000
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m stuck like so many others. I got the RP image that I thought would help avoid problems but I haven’t gotten MAME to stop giving a missing files error for my roms except for a few (Like The Simpsons or the original AeroFighters) that have always worked.
    I have checked to make sure they are the right rom set,
    I have checked that my es_systems.cfg file is:

<system>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/mame</path>
    <extension>.zip .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 “/opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame %BASENAME%”</command>
    <platform>arcade</platform>
    <theme>mame</theme>
    </system>

my mame.cfg is:

artwork=artwork
    cheat=.
    rompath=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
    samplepath=samples

My SNES and Sega emulators work great.

Am I missing anything?
    I’m its probably something extremely simple lol.

Also I loaded some of my roms with a USB initially but they are all on SD now, not sure if that makes any difference.

Not sure what else to look for.
    At this point should I just flash my SD and start over?

Thanks for all your help and thoughts! I’m so glad for this blog! :D

Roo
    Participant

The first thing would be to verify you have the ROMs RetroPie is expecting. MAME ROMs differ between versions of MAME – what works in v0.158 on your desktop will not work 100% in RetroPie. This tutorial may help you

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to have problems with this same thing. A thing I found helpful is this link. https://code.google.com/p/imame4all/wiki/GameListI am not sure if it always works, but so far every time I have used the latest revision of the rom it mentions it has not steered me wrong.

gv0000
    Participant

Thanks jetlennit, but I’ve only tried roms that are on the google game list.

Roo
    Participant

You say above you know you have the right ROM set, did you verify this with a ROM manager and the dat included in the RetroPie image?

If that is not the issue, do you have the required bios files in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame? For example, neogeo games require neogeo.zip

You didn’t unzip your ROMs did you?

Try using the built in mame rom verification. You’ll have to copy one of your games to /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/roms (mame4all doesn’t look at the cfg file when using the -verifyroms switch). For example I copied dkong.zip to that location. Then type

/opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/mame -verifyroms dkong

of course, you’ll have to replace dkong with the rom name.

Paste back the results of this command and I can maybe help more.

gv0000
    Participant

Okay trying all this. Quick question though, instead of /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/ I have /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/ . Is that what you had meant to type or is my file labeled incorrectly?

gv0000
    Participant

And thanks for the suggestions!

gv0000
    Participant

Neogeo is up and running! And it looks like my other roms are bad (despite SOMEBODY telling me they had been checked lol). So thanks! The roms that had been running checked out with the built in rom verification! Guess I’ll just have to check anything I want to plug in first! Hopefully that is that! Thanks again!

gv0000
    Participant

And of course pretty much everything works but the ones I used for testing lol. :D

gv0000
    Participant

I do have one question though. What happens when a rom (Rampage World Tour) checks out with the verify but won’t load, only spit you back to EmulationStation? Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Roo
    Participant

[quote=88233]Okay trying all this. Quick question though, instead of /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/ I have /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/ . Is that what you had meant to type or is my file labeled incorrectly?[/quote]

Nope, not a typo. I looks like you have an older image. I would suggest you upgrade to the latest 2.6.0. Not really an “upgrade” per say – download the new SD card image and configure it. There’s lots of improvements being made all the time in RetroPie, if you want to take advantage of them you’ll need to upgrade.

[quote=88247]I do have one question though. What happens when a rom (Rampage World Tour) checks out with the verify but won’t load, only spit you back to EmulationStation? Any ideas?[/quote]

MAME4ALL has problems with Rampage World Tour, even though it’s in the list of supported games. It’s a newer (Rampage was 1986, World Tour was 1997) Midway title and a lot of those don’t work. Like Mortal Kombat II and 3 – they don’t work either.

I’m glad I could help :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.